My Experience Blogging


Image result for typing
Image result for opinionThis will be the last entry in my blog for the class, and I believe it has been very helpful for me to do.  While it has taught me many things, I believe the most important part is how it has given me a new reference point for media, and how people consume it.  This blog has been my opinion, and I think that has been obvious and good.  For this reason, I believe that everyone can be, and to some extent is, a blogger themselves.  While they may not have a weekly blog where the write down all their thoughts and opinions, the have a social media presence, or platform at work, or discussions with family, or some form of discourse that they share with others that reflect their beliefs and opinions.  That is good, but I think there is an art to it, and that art is dying out.  Less and less people seem to want to hear others' opinions, but want to make sure there opinion is heard by everyone.  As a media and communications student, this worries me for the future.  I'm tired of having opinions pushed where they don't belong, such as news and film, but silenced in the place it's most important to have one, personal discussion.  Difference in opinion is a good thing, and is how we move forward as individuals and as a society.  But, in all I've read and studied about history and people from the past, I don't remember a time where everyone had an equal opportunity to speak, but the majority of people only wanted to hear the opinions that lined up with their own.  Differing opinions is the way to move forward, and looking at all the hate and ignorance people today have when it comes to hearing an opinion different from there own, its honestly no wonder why we seem to be moving backwards.         



Here's the link to our class blog home page, with links to everyone's blog, many of whom have different opinions than I do: http://medlawlit.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistleblowers: The Hard Part of "Freedom of Speech"

The Rise of the Computer as a Household Object

Google, and The Dangers of Monopolizing Speech